Multi cookers are large electric-type pots or frying pans that can serve in doing multiple things including boiling, frying, sauteing, braising, simmering and browning foods. Some multi cookers also can boil, stew, roast, steam or grill food. These type of cooking devices are considered multi cookers because they can serve multiple functions in a home kitchen.
Multi cookers come in a wide range of styles and features. Many small electronic companies produce them including Tefal, Morphy Richards and VonShef. They can range in price from £29.99 up to £299.99, if not more. The price varies on size, brand and features. Many people love the convenience of cooking with a multi cooker.
You don’t need to be a chef or a great cook to operate these easy to use machines. Just plug it in, follow the recipe and you will have a fabulous meal every time.
Best Selling Multi Cookers Reviewed
Tefal CY855840 Cook4Me Intelligent Multi Cooker Review
The Tefal Cook4Me Intelligent Multi cooker is a smart cooker that comes with 50 pre-programmed recipes to help you in the kitchen. This 6L multi cooker has an interactive LCD screen and control panel to help simplify your meals.
The Intelligent Multi cooker comes with a steaming basket, recipe book and complete instructions allowing you to cook, steam and prepare excellent meals every time. It has a ceramic non-stick surface for easy clean up.
This multi cooker is a top of the line, hi-tech cooking device that is safe and easy to use. Overall it is a well made product with excellent customer reviews. You can’t go wrong with this multi cooker.
Morphy Richards 48615 Intellichef Multicooker Review
The Morphy Richards 48615 Intellichef MultiCooker has 8 in 1 cooking functions such as boil, grill, steam and fry. This space saving cooking device is simple to use and will aid in making many fabulous dishes in a timely matter.
It is a 5L size cooker that comes with a fry basket and steaming rack. It has an easy to read temperature display and an indicator light that let’s you know when it has reached the desired temperature. This multi cooker’s non-stick coating aids in cleaning and helps to cook food without it sticking to the pan.
The Morphy Richards Multi cooker is an excellent choice that is easy to use and an overall reliable product for your kitchen.
VonShef 1500W Round Multi Cooker Review
This multi cooker from VonShef can fry, saute, simmer, brown, braise and even grill your food to perfection. It’s simple to use and easy to clean.
The VonShef Multi Cooker has a nice non-stick surface and is deep enough to accommodate most of the meals you plan to cook. It has an easy to read temperature display and the handles and knobs are cool-touch so you won’t get injured when using them.
Overall this is an excellent time-saving cook device that will make a great addition to your home. It’s also quite easy to store so that you don’t have to take up a lot of counter space. And this multi cooker is a great bargain for the price!
Features to look for when buying a multi cooker
Every Multi cooker has different features and even different styles. These devices make dinners at home a piece of cake! Typically they are easy to use and easy to clean. Some of their best features include:
- LCD Screen – Some newer models of Multi cookers will have easy to read LCD screen displays. These screens can tell you things from the temperature to pre-programmed recipes. An LCD screen is just a simple feature that really aids in cooking.
- Preprogrammed Recipes – This feature is seen in several newer models. It has recipes programmed in so that you don’t have to be a chef to get it right. Just follow the simple instructions and you will have a meal that seems like a true chef made it.
- Steaming Rack – Multi cookers can do a lot of different things. A multi cooker with a steam rack is great for steaming vegetables or other foods to go along with your meal.
- Frying Basket – Another good option to look for is a fry basket. This will allow you to fry things like fish, french fries and even onion rings. Not every multi cooker will have one, but it’s a good option if you love fried foods.
- Control Knob – Typically if you have a multi cooker that has an LCD screen you won’t have a control knob. But for those models that do have a control knob, this helps you to know the temperature and rate that you are cooking your food at.
- Non-Stick – A good multi cooker will have a non-stick surface. A non-stick surface is a lot easier to cook on and aids in helping you to remove food from the multi cooker. Non-stick surfaces are also easier to clean.
- Safety Features – Multi cookers can have a wide range of safety features including child safety locks, auto off controls and handles that don’t get hot. Be sure to check out the different types of safety features before buying yourself a multi cooker.
- Capacity Size – Multi cooker devices have different capacity levels, most of them start at 5 litres and it goes up from there. The capacity size should match your household size or purpose of using it. Choose small cookers for small families and larger cookers when you have a larger family. It’s just that simple.